Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflections

Of the books you have read this quarter, which is your favorite? Why?

My favorite book from this quarter was definitely Shadow and Bone. It has some of my favorite aspects of literature in it. It is a fantasy, with some action and adventure in the mix. Best of all the characters and relationships between them are realistic and not forced. The conflicts make sense (in that universe) and there are more motivations than '"she's the good guy" and "he's the bad guy". All that added in with the supernatural abilities of certain characters makes the book amazing.

In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in ELA?

I think that so far in the quarter I have done a lot better in the vocabulary tests. I will be the first admit that my spelling is bad on the best of days, and event on the good tests I would just barely get a 3, that plus the fact that my handwriting is horrible, and its no surprise that vocab isn't my best subject. However, I am doing a lot better now. I put in a little more time to studying, so I expect my grades to continue going up. Hopefully this trend continues, as now I am getting 3s and 4s.

What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?

Something that I did this quarter that I am proud of is, going up to present to the class and not making a fool of myself. I tend to get very nervous when I do any kind of public speaking, so finding out that we had to present our butterfly project to the class was like a nightmare come true. I wanted to avoid this at all costs. Even so I had the few points that I would bring up prepared just in case. When I did get called up I was terrified that I would slip up and forget what I was going to say. Thankfully nothing like that happened, so I'm pretty glad. Even more so because I got a good grade for it.

What has been the most challenging part of  3rd Quarter for you, and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

The most challenging part of Quarter 3 was keeping up with all of the blogs. There were a lot of them recently, especially this last week. That added on to the fact that we haven't been able to take our IPads home all week made finishing all the work very difficult. The easiest way to fix the problem would probably be to use a home computer, there might be certain things we have downloaded on the iPads that my home laptop couldn't get access to. Thankfully we aren't expected to do homework over the break, or a lot of us would be in trouble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment