Thursday, March 3, 2016

"Poison"

Did you learn nothing from the fall of Washington?
The inky scar of poison was your only clue, and yet
that should have been more than enough.
And as concerned as you were, you did not
a thing to stop me. My poison.

The law was uninformed. The law was wrong.
But your creatively colorful campaign
didn’t mind one bit. And as disgusted
as the parents of innocence were, you did not
a thing to stop me. My poison.

The damage has been done. To not the body,
but the mind. The protection, sadly, misfired.
Those who were in need had no hazmat suit.
And as angry as the people were, you did not
a thing to stop me. My poison.

The only thing that eases my guilt over my
part in this war, is the knowledge that when
you were thrown in the lion den, no one

let  you out.


No comments:

Post a Comment