Thursday, April 20, 2017

Tuesday's With Morrie Bucket List

There are a lot of things to think about in just the first few pages. The ending is pretty much told to us. Morrie is going to die and as much as we might want it to, that won't change. The finality of that fact, and the fact that Morrie is not afraid of hi own demise, is a bit jarring. In most stories the death of a protagonist is seen as something to avoid at all costs, so it is really refreshing to see how calm the characters in Tuesday's With Morrie are about death. They, or at least Morrie, sees death in something that is a part of life, and that it is not wise to live life in the fear of death.  In a way to celebrate that, I have made a list of things that I hope to do before I die.

BUCKET LIST
  • Travel the globe
  • Get a tattoo
  • Swim in the ocean
  • Meet a celebrity
  • Graduate high school 
  • Graduate college
  • Get my driver's licence 
  • Go skydiving
  • Make a family 
  • Change someone's life
It's probably not the most interesting bucket list to ever be created, but I don't want to miss any part of it. I don't mind missing one or two, but I think that meeting my goals will give my life purpose. Otherwise, what am I living for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment