Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Perseverance Blog

The Nick as shown in the video is very courageous in dealing with his problem. Despite the issues he would have in doing most normal things with his lack of limbs. He also shows a surprising amount of integrity. He doesn't sugar coat his disability and claim that his life is easy, but he is honest and tells them that although his life is difficult he is happy and can have fun. Finally, Nick has enough  confidence to not be ashamed of himself. When he talked about being gawked at he was not embarrassed, but he would spin it humorously by seeming surprised by himself.

In sixth grade I was really struggling. I was always missing assignments, and my grades were slipping dramatically from the easy A's and B's that I was used to. Towards he end of the year I started getting better, and my mom puts it up to me not being used to middle school, but I think that for a time I kind of gave up. I'm glad that I'm doing a lot better now, but I think this was necessary to me realizing how important school was. This is similar to how when Nick was a child he was in despair about not being able to do certain things. We both have moved past that to better things and can now call that a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment