Sunday, October 30, 2016

1st Quarter Reflection

     It's finally the end of the quarter, and I personally can't wait to go home. This quarter was pretty good, other than the occasional issue with lunch. It's been so eventful that I can't begin to describe it. Hopefully the next three quarters are just as great!.

      Some of my goals for ELA for the next three quarters are: Keeping my missing assignments to a minimum, and continuing to improve my blogging skills. Hopefully, if I can accomplish these tree things I can have a good year in this class.When it comes to remembering to do my homework I can honestly put up ten different alarms and still forget to do it, which makes this the most difficult of the three goals. Last year I wasn't the best at remembering to do my homework. (I think it's genetic, because my dad is the same way.)I'm not going to be delusional and declare that I will never miss any assignments, so I'm just going to try to minimize my errors. I will be the first to admit that I'm not the best when it comes to blogs. It's not as though I'm terrible at them, it's just that I could improve if I tried. Besides, isn't that the point of going to school? I think that if we were beyond the point of improving ourselves, we wouldn't need to go to school. Looking back at my older blogs I'm honestly embarrassed at how bad they are.

     I have had some definite improvements in my writing this year. I feel like the beginning of the year is probably the worst time for my writing. We just got back from summer, and I don't know about everyone else, but I never write during the summer if I can help it. I just can't get myself to do it. This year we have been doing a lot of writing and reviewing so I think that is helping. Then again, that is probably the point. In the beginning of the year I had a lot of run on sentences and incomplete thoughts, but I think I have improved.

     There are lots of things that I learned about the world so far this year. The majority of them came from the AOW's we have done. One example of this is that there used to be a group of cannibals living in caves in the U.K. There were signs that about 15,000 years ago there was a group of people that were cannibals.  It is thought that perhaps it could be a part of their culture, and that it was some kind of ritual. Supposedly they would do this to their dead  so that they could carry the bones. I was surprised that this was a culture so recently, as it wasn't to long ago in comparison to the world's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment