Thursday, December 3, 2015

Nonfiction Blog 11/30/15 - Girls Think of Everything by Catherine Thimmesh

I recently read about a girl named Alexia Abernathy, she invented the no spill bowl. She was eleven when she made a bowl for her babysitter's son who spilled his cereal every morning. She made it with two tupperware bowls, a larger rim and a smaller bowl. She sold it to a company and it is now on shelves at major stores like Wal-Mart
"Hi. I'm  Alexia Abernathy, and I'm an eleven year old inventor." I found this interesting because many people think that children can't invent things. When thinking of an inventor most picture an older man with more experience. However this proves that people of any age can make the world better.
 Some things I learned were that common things like chocolate chip cookies and even White Out were total accidents. It is amassing to me that things we take for granted were complete and total mistakes. The fact is although they are under rated many accidents are essential to are modern life. Many people scoff at the way things were but frankly life wouldn't be the same if they didn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment